Why a Healthy Immune System is Key to Your Overall Health
Wednesday July 1, 2020
In the past few months, there’s been a focus on physical methods to avoid illness, but not as much focus on building the immune system. Even those of us who do not have compromised immune systems, need to work at keeping our immune system functioning properly.
Let’s take a look at a bit of basic information about your immune system, how to boost your immune system naturally, and the difference between allergies and sensitivities that may impact your health.
- Immune System Basics — The key component of your immune system is your white blood cells. These cells are manufacutred in the bone marrow and stored in various organs of the lymphatic system, ready to be deployed as needed in response to the foreign invaders and perceived threat. When a virus or microbe enters your bloodstream, these white blood cells attack the intruder and produce additional specialized leukocytes to assist in the attack. They are also aided by antibodies that fight against all pervieved antigens. The immune system can be weakened by inadequate nutrient consumption, poor gut health, large blood glucose level spikes (then drops), autoimmune diseases (such as multiple sclerosis, lupus, and rheumatoid arthritis) or allergic diseases (such as eczema or hay fever).
- Boosting Immune System Naturally — There are several things that you can do to naturally boost your immunities. These include:
- Eat more healthy fats such as omega-3s and olive oil
- Eat lots of whole plant foods that can provide you with vitamin C and fiber
- Cut back on sugar
- Drink lots of water every day
- Get plenty of sleep every night
- Decrease your stress with techniques such as breathing exercises, meditation, and massage
- Exercise regularly
- Allergies vs. Sensitivities — When most people think of allergies, they think of "hayfever" or seasona allergies that often cause watery eyes, sneezing, congestion, runny nose, etc. Or they think of a severe food allergy, such as peanuts, which can be life threatening due to anaphylactic shock. Whether to inhalants or to foods, a true allergy is defined as having produced an antibody within the blood to a particular antigen. But many people know that they react to certain substances, but it cannot be confirmed via a blood antibody test. These reactions are consideres sensitivities and the typical recommendation is to just avoid the item. But if a person has a number of different sensitivities it can be very difficult to determine the exact cause and know what to avoid. For people with multiple allegies and/or sensitivities the bottom line is the same, they feel miserable! In addition, the constant inflammatory response as a result of an overactive immune response can lead to a number of chronic, degenerative and autoimmune conditions. If any of this sounds familiar to you personally, download my Allergy Report and consider scheduling a free Sensitivity Elimination Consulation.
When it comes to your health, you can’t just depend on taking care of yourself when you get sick. Preventative measures to keep you from getting sick are also important as is taking care of your immune system so you can get better faster when you do become ill. Maintaining your health also includes taking care of yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Feel like you are wasting your time, energy, and money on stuff that just doesn’t work and doesn’t give you answers? Can't figure out why you can't figure it out? Put a stop to feeling frustrated and confused. Get razor-sharp clarity on exactly what you need to heal, feel better, and step into your BEST self. You deserve to know how amazing you can feel.
Start your new wellness journey with an “Initial Scan and Plan” appointment. This appointment can be booked right from the Book Now page. https://www.shaktiwholehealth.com/Book-Now/